We are a global mining consultancy with offices in 20 countries around the world.
Due to an increased uptake in our services we are looking to expand our Hydrogeology expertise in Almaty. We offer a comprehensive and extremely competive Expatriate package and an excellent working and team environment.
Our success is founded on the high calibre of our people. Together, we've created a company culture that fosters co-operation and mutual respect while promoting corporate development and personal growth. Working for us, you'd collaborate with some of our industry's most respected specialists and apply diverse, cutting-edge technologies.
Our people demonstrate passion, technical excellence, confidence, entrepreneurialism, and ambition. If you possess these qualities and are looking for a challenging and interesting career, please contact us to find out more about our wide range of opportunities.
- A flat corporate structure that invites self-directed professional growth
- A progressive work environment fostering innovative thinking
- Recognition for excellence and achievement
- Opportunities for international travel
- The ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world
- A competitive compensation and benefits structure
- The opportunity to own shares in your local practice and our global company
The successful candidate must have practical experience and be prepared to take the leading role in further advancement of this business.
Successful candidate will participate in various projects and work in dynamically developing environment.
The necessary skills include communication, writing technical reports, and project management. Good spoken and written English is a must. Job Description:
Mandatory requirements to a candidate:
- Solving a wide range of technical hydrogeological tasks, including description of underground water conditions, assessment of operational impact on underground waters, study and modelling of water balance, development of design documentation and estimate of underground water reserves;
- 3D numeric hydrogeological modelling (Visual Modflow and Feflow software) for studies of all levels (Scoping, PFS, FS, Engineering, Operation) for open pits and underground mines, leaching sites;
- Assessment of hydrogeological risks when developing deposits by opencast, underground mining or by leaching;
- Composing programmes of field hydrogeological studies (for Scoping, PFS, FS);
- Methodical guidance during field studies (pumpings, airlift, water intake tests, injections, etc.), installations of piezometers, thermistor chains, setting up monitoring systems;
- Review of field data, preparation of conclusions and recommendations based on field study results;
- Preparation of commercial proposals and terms of reference;
- Project management according to approved work programme. Preparation of reports according to the budget and work schedule.
Desirable requirements to a candidate:
- Diploma of a hydrogeologist or a geomechanical engineer;
- Work experience in mining industry;
- Work experience in area of specialization 10 + years, preferably in a private design organization;
- Understanding of hydrogeology, fundamentals of geology and geomechanics, use of knowledge at all stages of design;
- Experience in development of geofiltration models in Visual Modflow and/or Feflow;
- Experience in conducting field hydrogeological studies.
- English Language (B1 and higher).
- Ability to write technical reports;
- Experience in computer modelling of hydrogeological conditions;
- Computer skills in using ArcGIS, Leapfrog, Surfer, AutoCad, Ansdimat;
- Readiness for short business trips to mining sites;
- Ability to work independently and in a team.