Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Metallurgical Superintendent role is to be responsible and accountable for all activities conducted in the Processing Department in order to achieve the department's goals and objectives, and those of the overall mine site and corporate strategy.
- Roster: 5 days on/ 2 days off/ 4 days on / 3 days off - 9.5 hour shifts
- Local position
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we're passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development. About us
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace. About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes , and Cochenour , a potential new source of ore. As Evolution's newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here. About the role
The Metallurgical Superintendent role offers an exceptional opportunity to strive for the most efficient use of manpower/materials and for monitoring processes to attain maximum efficiency, cost-effectiveness and safety of the Operation at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Design and supervise plant sampling surveys, including proper sampling as required by the particular attributes of the unit operation being studied. Analyse the data extracted and make recommendations for change based on interpretation of the results using sound engineering principles
- Design and carry out laboratory process simulation tests using bench-scale grinding, flotation, leaching, and other related processes. Scale-up from bench-scale results. Design plant tests and organize and run these plant tests. Report on results of all tests
- Metallurgical accounting and control of carbon inventories
- Review and approve Month End Reconciliation
- Will write up procedures and SOP's for routine sampling and testing conducted in the process
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct
- Complete assigned project work for potential plant expansion
- Lead, coach and mentor team members
As a Metallurgical Superintendent, you will have a Bachelor Degree in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering. Registered, or the ability to register as a Professional Engineer in Ontario is ideal. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience as a Process Metallurgist with increased responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience as a Supervisor in the mining industry with excellent performance management, mentorship, and coaching skills
- Expertise of ore processing operations, as well as a general understanding of the mine and maintenance operations
- Extensive background in data analysis with superior numeric and analytical ability
- Familiarity with the application of edging technologies and new emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of budgets, financial planning and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, decision making, problem solving, and planning skills
Closing date: October 27, 2021
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. What Now?
Click the Apply Now button, or to discover more about us and how you can be part of the Evolution story, go to www.evolutionmining.com.au/discover