Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Environmental Superintendent at our Carlin Complex operations. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day Environmental compliance activities and projects and fully support implementation and conformance with the ISO14001-certified Environmental Management System. The successful candidate will also lead and develop Environmental staff to build highly efficient and effective teams that enable NGM and the Carlin Complex to achieve established goals and objectives.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the RCRA, Title V, Nevada Mercury Control, ISO, and other related programs and compliance mine wide, including overseeing the collection of data necessary, to ensure the accurate and timely environmental reporting to site management and regulatory agencies.
- Communicate with all Site Divisions and Departments to ensure alignment on environmental program requirements and support upcoming operational projects.
- Communicate with government agencies, at a local and state level, on environmental compliance matters.
- Lead a team of senior and junior level professionals; develop staff by setting and maintaining high standards of performance, ensuring quality deliverables, and providing opportunities for growth.
- Assure compliance with company and site-specific policies, standards, procedures, and objectives associated with site processes, initiatives, and projects and recommend new policies or procedures, if necessary.
- Assist in the development of guidance material and programs to support implementation of Nevada Gold Mine's Environmental Management System and associated ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Develop audit protocols and coordinate internal and third-party audits to confirm compliance with all legal and other requirements.
- Prepare, or supervise the preparation of, environmental reports, including observations, analyses of contaminants, and recommendations for control and correction of environmental impacts as needed, that are submitted to local, state, and federal regulatory agencies and to Nevada Gold Mines and Barrick Leadership.
- Provide support on management of key environmental issues such as water and waste management, hydrology, air quality, biodiversity, reclamation and closure, and contractor management.
- Participate in or lead major environmental incident investigations and assist with the development and tracking of remedial action plans.
- Gather, interpret, and organize information required by environmental permits and other regulatory requirements.
- Track permit renewals, regulatory proposals, and pending legislation, and changing company direction.
- Prepare recommendations for upper management on the implementation of new environmental systems, procedures, or organizational changes; and
- Conduct operational effectiveness reviews to ensure environmental compliance.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline such as Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Biology, Geology, or other related degree required
- Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated environmental experience required
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience required
- Supervisory experience of >5 people preferred
- Mining experience preferred
- Ability to firmly and assertively present Nevada Gold Mines' environmental management philosophy both internally and publicly required
- Possess a sound understanding of company environmental policies and objectives, a sense of personal responsibility, and the ability to identify and convey to others the appropriate urgency of environmental matters required
- Ability to act in a proactive manner, to anticipate problems, and to solve existing problems within the context of operational requirements and environmental legal constraints required
- Ability to listen to opinions and formulate recommendations in a confident and constructive manner required
- Exhibit solid intellectual capability including strong knowledge of environmental issues within the minerals industry and a mature and level-headed approach to business required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.