At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing and operating the best assets with the best people. Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Underground Engineer at our Turquoise Ridge operations. At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a c ompetitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more! Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope
- Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates. Meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities. Devise new approaches to problems encountered. Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and resolution of problems
- Schedule and coordinate the work of technicians in order to complete work on time and within budget parameters
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
What We Can Offer You
- Minimum requirement: B.S. degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience in Underground Mine Planning required
- Technical communication and presentation skills required
- Expert knowledge in engineering and design are required
- Mining or heavy mineral industry experience required
- Project management skills are required
- Proficiency with Deswik CAD and Scheduler packages required. Proficiency in other Deswik underground tools (SOT, Stope Optimizer, etc) preferred
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.