Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you! Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Metallurgist at our Turquoise Ridge operations.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervision along with outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of the plant operation and maintaining of equipment.
- Independently pursue opportunities in our operation to improve performance in our gold recovery circuits; Autoclave-CIL, Direct CIL, and Heap Leach.
- Possess the capability to manage complex tasks and projects through design, engineering, funding, procurement, and commissioning.
- Continue to develop automation of data collection.
- Be a team leader with excellent communication skills and be able to provide technical assistance and analysis to process group stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent Process-related degree required
- Professional experience, working in a technical field, of 1-4 years required
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex gold metallurgical and processing analysis, hands-on practical application, and process optimization experience is highly preferred
- Ability to research, analyze information and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance, and problem resolution from an operating plan status required
- Proficiency in multiple software application and network platforms preferred
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large datasets programmatically is preferred
- Experience working with PowerBI, Tableau or set-up databases would be well regarded
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work and construct a team environment that creates and enhances the NGM vision through understanding and capturing of future opportunities required
Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of the position required What We Can Offer You
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.