Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you! Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Engineer - Electrical Integrity and Risk supporting all NGM operations. As part of the Asset Management team, the successful candidate will be results centric adding to our already diverse team focused environment supporting our mining operations. The ideal candidate will possess a background in Electrical Engineering, Project Management and Risk Management. At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Participate in development of role expectations (including KPIs) with monthly review of performance
- Maintain training and development in Electrical Integrity and Risk
- Conduct regular and formal electrical system analysis for critical plant equipment
- Coordinate plant Risk Management Audits with Insurance provider, produce improvement projects to mitigate risk, and share best practice across NGM and assist with annual capital and operating budgets across NGM
- Provide supervision of contractors for activities directly related to electrical integrity and risk
- Facilitate and lead root cause failure analysis and safety incident investigations - as required, using relevant systematic RCA techniques. Identify and support the implementation of corrective actions that mitigate risk to an acceptable level, ensuring all analyses and activities are appropriately documented
- Ownership of technical standards and procedures related to electrical integrity and risk
- Provide support for the Management of Change associated with engineering and electrical systems changes, upgrades, and new construction
- Support Management of Change Process for any changes in asset integrity or structural modifications to ensure minimization of safety, health, environmental, equipment protection, and production impacts
- Develop/supply information for, and write, quality AFE‟s and work scopes for contracts
- Capable of using technology for trouble shooting to include all forms of nondestructive testing
- Work with financials for accurate monthly tracking of AFE‟s and development of Process Division Life of Mine AFE register
- Participate in networking forums for electrical integrity and risk within NGM and Barrick as well as other external organizations
- Coordinate with Regional/Corporate groups to assist with the delivery of specific electrical integrity and risk focused initiatives
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering
- Professional Engineer Certification in the US, preferably the State of Nevada
- Project Management experience
- Contracts Management experience
- Knowledge of business improvement methods such as Six Sigma and LEAN as well as a basic understanding of data collection and statistical analysis techniques
- Financial analysis (NPV, IRR, basic accounting, etc)
- Demonstrated Supervisory experience
What We Can Offer You
- Minimum of 10 years practical engineering/maintenance experience working in a mining, minerals processing or related field
- Specific experience in a Risk Management and Asset Integrity
- Direct experience working with mineral processing equipment
- Proficiency in conducting failure analysis and in the use of root cause investigation techniques
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.