October 20, 2021
Are you passionate about safety? So are we! Join a team committed to ensuring that everyone goes home safe and healthy every day.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Supervisor, the Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for the administration and coordination of site safety programs. This position will be dedicated to being a resource for Greenhills Operations focused on ensuring Health and Safety of employees and contractors.
To be successful we are looking for a self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask, remain organized, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, team environment; someone with strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities, who also possesses a passion for continuous improvement. This role requires a high level of integrity and an ability to know your audience while working effectively with stakeholders on safety initiatives and programs, thus presentation, communication and interpersonal skills are vital. The ability to provide field level support while outdoors in varying weather conditions is necessary.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working an attractive Earned Day Off schedule, with every other Friday off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Apply continuous improvement processes and systems to improve health and safety performance
- Conduct in field Critical Control Verification Assessments
- Advise, mentor, and lead the workforce to ensure accurate high potential risk controls are implemented and evaluated for effectiveness, and occupational health and safety standards and legal requirements are fulfilled
- Support Occupational Health and Hygiene programs such as employee wellness, fitness for work, industrial hygiene monitoring, and exposure reduction
- Coordinate health and safety systems and programs such as, SiteLine EHS Tracking, and Contractor Management
- Assist Contract Managers and Supervisors in preparing detailed Environmental Health and Safety Community work plans (EHSC) and Environmental Protection Work Plans (EPWP) prior to contractor work
- Participate in and facilitate safety audits, monitor and communicate company compliance and address concerns to appropriate departments/operations management
- Support incident reporting and investigations as required
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct necessary safety training, risk assessments, inspections, and effectiveness reviews
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in Health and Safety or Emergency Response is an asset
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience in practical and theoretical safety and loss control
- Class 5 drivers’ license
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral developmentwith major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Safety, Medical, Compliance, Environmental Health & Safety, Service, Healthcare, Mining, Legal