18 Months Temporary
Are you an experienced CPA who would like a fantastic opportunity in the Corporate Controllers group for a large prestigious resource company?
This is an ideal position for a driven professional who wants to make a mark in improving the team processes, practices and team members. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The Supervisor, Consolidation & Reporting manages a team of senior accountants to prepare the corporate consolidation and reporting for the Zinc, Copper, and Steelmaking Coal business units.
You will be in charge of reviewing the team’s working papers, processes and SOX controls, financial reporting and analysis, and explaining the results to management.
The position has an integral role in the annual and quarterly reporting process and assists in the preparation and review of the MD&A and Financial Statement and Notes.
We have Flex Work@Teck, which provides employees access to flexible work options including:
- working remotely up to two days per week
- flexible start/end times (within reason and within normal business hours)
- working completely remotely two full weeks per year (combined or as separate weeks)
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Own the head office monthly close and consolidation process for Zinc, Copper, and Steelmaking Coal business-units
- Coaching and mentoring team members in all aspects of day-to-day accounting, by providing outstanding accounting and system knowledge
- Develop and review detailed consolidated working papers and reports
- Assist with team’s finance transformation initiatives
- Review internal and external financial statements and notes and the MD&A for annual and quarterly reporting
- Ensure all team’s activities maintain excellence in SOX internal controls
- A CPA with at least 3-5 years of post-designation experience preferably at a publicly listed company working in consolidation and reporting
- Strong IFRS and accounting background with a preference for mining industry experience
- Experienced leading, developing, and mentoring a team of CPA professionals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills able to influence and build strong collaborative relationships across the organization
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment, where foreign operations represent significant portions of consolidated results
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and internal controls
- Experience with top-tier financial reporting systems and ERP (Hyperion HFM, OneStream, Wdesk, SAP)
- Multitasker who can take on various initiatives and projects, and lead the team to meet their goals
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Manager, ERP, Temporary, SAP, Management, Technology, Contract, Mining