Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
As our next Maintenance Supervisor reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
To provide support to our ongoing Mining Services Operations at Mt Arthur, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the maintenance of onsite mobile equipment ensuring fleets achieve maximum availability for minimal cost. You will provide leadership and direction to all maintenance personnel, with a focus on maintaining a safe, reliable and productive crew.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, coach and develop team members by setting clear expectations, monitoring performance and mentoring others
- Manage and execute maintenance work using efficient equipment servicing strategies to achieve targeted service times and schedule compliance rates
- Ensure that work is completed within allowed budget and resources
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in implementing safety and environmental plans
- Play an active role in all incident investigations, and
- Develop and strengthen key internal and external stakeholder relationships
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving & team focused individual with a focus on a collaboration and achieving within your work team. You have previous experience in open cut coal mining & a drive to deliver.
- Mechanical trade certificate or tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering
- Extensive post trade or relevant mobile maintenance experience in a mining environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- A strong commitment to health, safety, environment and the community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience in maintenance planning and condition monitoring, and
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of relevant mining related legislation including knowledge of relevant NSW DII MDG's and codes of practice and relevant Australian Standards
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.