At Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) we are leading the global energy transition by developing a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects.Our large scale, low-cost hydropower, geothermal, solar and wind assets will support establishment of green energy and green product industries around the world. FFI is committed to building thriving communities by delivering social, environmental and economic benefits.Role Title - Senior Electrical EngineerWork Location:
Monday to Friday
This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the ground level of a rapidly expanding, dynamic, global green energy business. Fortescue Future Industries is currently undertaking a rapid expansion.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering Team in our Perth office.Key duties and responsibilities will include:Role Overview
In order to be successful in this role:
- Performs high-level Electrical engineering activities across a range of projects, domestic and international.
- Define scopes and technical requirements and then review and approve detailed technical studies for green power generation, transmission and process plants & utilities.
- Assist in the preparation of project estimates - resource hours, equipment costs and time
- Evaluate concepts and develop designs for green hydrogen and ammonia process plants and utilities, including HV transmission lines.
- Work with OEM suppliers to develop optimal electrical designs for large multisite process facilities.
- Input into plant layout design to ensure sufficient consideration is given to electrical requirements.
- Capable of planning and working independently for specific projects and tasks. Devises new approaches to solving problems. Manages the work of a small group of engineers / designers.
- Assists in the development of design tools, documentation and work processes to continually refine the execution of projects to reduce cost, time and improve reliability and production.
- Capable of using electrical power system software (PSSE, PS CAD, ETAP, DigSilent) to model complex power systems and develop concepts. Experience in reviewing power system studies.
- Willingness to travel to support international projects.
- Able to represent the electrical discipline for the complete project scope ensuring electrical requirements are clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Commitment to zero harm by following HSSE procedures, protocols, and initiatives
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people's differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue. We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply. Due to the volume of responses, please note only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. www.fmgl.com.au/jobs-at-fortescueApplications close:
- Electrical engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer status is strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years post qualification design experience in Electrical Engineering on major projects, with a thorough knowledge of Australian and International standards, methods and best practice
- Excellent communication skills to initiate and develop relationships with a broad range of people
- Excellent written skills, able to write clear and concise technical documents in English
- An ability to listen and identify key issues and to communicate complex information clearly
- Able to attend occasional out of normal office hours meetings to support our global portfolio
- Strong computer literacy
13 Nov 2021 W. Australia Standard Time