angle-right Job no:
584143 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Surveying, Maintenance, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart - Our Transport Services division is no exception!
Based out of the Downer Hamilton Depot, you will add value to our business by working across a range of tenders learning the systems and processes behind estimating and tendering. This is junior entry level role where training and development will be provided for the right candidate making this role suitable either for a graduate or someone a few years in to their career and looking to sink their teeth into a new challenge. A genuine interest in Civil Estimating or even Quantity Surveying is key!
Preference will be given to applicants who have a roading background or have studied towards a degree in civil infrastructure. You'll bring with you:
Why join Downer?
- A positive outlook, friendly attitude, and willingness to flex to the work as and where required
- Able to work in a high performing team with the ability to multi task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required with training provided for estimating software
- A willingness to learn and try something new
- A practical understanding of civil construction operations
Take charge of this role and we'll reward you accordingly! This is a stable position, with project plans spanning into the distance. We can offer you:
"Where do I apply?"
- A competitive salary with ongoing career progression
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of insurance, counselling services, gym memberships and retail discounts etc.
- A supportive team environment where you're trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your career
- The opportunity to work alongside and be trained by industry experts
If this job sounds like a match for you, register your interest by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz quoting reference number 584143. Alternately, drop your CV in to your local depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Advertised:
14 Oct 2021 New Zealand Daylight Time Applications close:
03 Nov 2021 New Zealand Daylight Time