angle-right Job no:
584702 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Management, Maintenance, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. We require an experienced Supervisor to manage our Concreting crew, helping deliver to ongoing assignments across the Waikato region.About the role
As a Concrete Supervisor, you'll be responsible for delivering to project requirements, optimizing resources and pushing a zero harm work environment, all the while achieving high quality infrastructure.
You will provide leadership for your concrete team to construct concrete footpaths, kerb & channel, concrete pads/driveways, structural concrete such as bridge and culvert concrete works. The role will take you throughout the Waikato on a day to day basis, scoping and planning sites whilst supervising your team. You will encourage collaboration, enthusiasm and excellent service delivery from your team.
Day to day you will:
- Lead and coach your team to enhance their skills and career prospects
- Lead by example with regards to health & safety guidelines and procedures, ensuring your team follow these also
- Plan and programme our concrete workload by scoping sites, meeting with Project Managers/Engineers and organising resource including our concrete truck
- Ensure work is completed to a high standard and all targets (productivity, quality, cost and safety) are met
- Come up with solutions that are more efficient and will benefit the project. Value for money!
You will be a confident leader with concrete supervisory experience behind you, preferably in the civil contracting industry. You will have good organisation skills and the ability to adapt to change and problem solve as changes can occur in this environment. You should also have:
- Experience in the concrete industry whether it is vertical construction or roading
- Proven leadership experience with an ability to influence and empower a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your style to maintain relationships at all levels
- Strong digital skills in the ute of a tablet and laptop
- Demonstrated experience working on tight deadlines
- A NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Works (Site Supervision) or a similar qualification preferred, alternately you should be prepared to work towards this.
What's on offer?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Competitive salary with a company vehicle
- PPE and uniform provide along with a mobile phone and laptop
- Plenty of opportunities to build relationships with the community
- Scope for internal and external training & development programmes
- Opportunity to work on some unique and exciting projects
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits