angle-right Job no:
584706 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Management, Trades, Maintenance, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. We require an experienced Foreperson to lead our Concreting crew and help deliver to ongoing assignments across the Waikato region.About the role
You will be a specialist concrete tradesperson who can lead and motivate your crew to carry out concrete footpath construction and repairs, kerb & channel construction, concrete pads/driveways, concrete structures such as bridge works and culvert works. Duties within your team include excavation, installing formwork, placing and finishing of concrete. Other general tasks include operating plant and machinery as required to complete the job.
You will also be responsible for:
- Planning workload and scoping sites with the Concrete Supervisor to ensure the concrete programme runs efficiently
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Collating and forwarding to the Concrete Supervisor all daily records and other required reports and documentation. This will be through a digital format
- Providing and organizing on-the-job development/training for the team and supporting general career development
- Monitoring work sites to ensure compliance with local By-Laws, Government Statutes and Regulations, and with WORKS policy in relation to SQE assurance
- Organising of key pieces of plant and materials including our Concrete Truck in-line with the Concrete Supervisor
You will hold plenty of experience within the civil construction industry along with experience in concrete and form work. You will also have:
- A Full Class 2 license with WTR endorsements
- A great work ethic - you'll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you'll be rewarded accordingly)
- Experience managing and leading a team on construction worksites
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem solving, managing unexpected events and decision making
- Flexibility - some out of town travel will be required on occasion
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- Guaranteed Full Time hours - minimum 40 per week including wet weather days if alternative work cannot be found
- Competitive wages along with tool of trade vehicle including mobile phone, tablet, uniform and PPE
- The opportunity to join, build and develop a high performing team that get stuff done!
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts