angle-right Job no:
584707 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Trades, Maintenance, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
The local Downer Waikato Construction Team is in a growth phase at the moment and are in the process of building a new concrete team! This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an industry leader with growth on the horizon. Set your place in Downer's concrete space.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. About the role
We are after experienced concrete workers or keen high energy individuals to join our Waikato Construction Team to deliver to projects and get home safely at the end of each day. You will carry out concrete footpath construction and repairs, kerb & channel construction, concrete pads/driveways and structural concrete such as bridge and culvert concrete works.
You will be responsible for:
- Installation of framework and prep work, ready for concrete pour
- Pouring and finishing concrete placement
- Working as a cohesive team to deliver to project plans
- Optimising use of company resources
- Working closely with the Concrete Foreperson
This is primarily a Monday - Friday, full time-permanent position based out of our Hamilton Depot.
Experience in the civil contracting industry and a great eye for finishing concrete will serve you well in this role however is not necessary. You will hold your work to high standards, be able to turn up to work each day with a great attitude and high work ethic.
You will be a team player with an organized, systematic and good-humoured approach. With confidence to communicate well with your crew, you'll add value with your expertise in the field.
Benefits of joining team Downer:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we commit to offering professional development through mentoring and on the job training and personal development through a range of Health and Wellbeing initiatives. Our top priority is our people - Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful, some of our perks include:
- Stable employment with an industry leader
- Coverage under the Central North Island AWUNZ Union agreement with access to penal rates including overtime pay and meal allowances
- We guarantee 40 hours a week plus wet weather pay if alternative work cannot be found
- Downer uniform and all PPE gear provided
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts including subsidised health insurance, retail specials, vehicle rentals, banking offers, free counselling services + more!