angle-right Job no:
584804 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Palmerston North Categories:
Engineering (All disciplines), Construction, Graduates
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high-performance team who are focused on delivering outstanding outcomes.
We are looking for a Gr aduate Asset Strategy Engineer .
This position provides specialised technical asset management services to the business, enhancing our services to our clients and developing contract teams primarily focused on using advanced analytics for asset management.About the role:
The primary focus for this position is to provide specialist support for advanced asset management activities. As a graduate engineer, this is a great opportunity with a role that gives plenty of diversity and that will allow you to get the depth and breadth you have been looking for, to keep you challenged and continue to grow your skill set. You will be responsible for assembling and checking asset data and associated maintenance data to use in advanced analytics systems to assist our contract teams in enhancing our services to our clients. You will gain experience by being trained in using our industry leading analytics systems to support our asset management deliverables. You will support the contract asset engineers to ensure the contract deliverables are being achieved within the required timeframes and the outputs from our forecasting approach helps deliver investment plans that are optimised to achieve network levels of service from appropriate funding.
You will find yourself performing tasks such as:
- Extracting asset data from client systems for use in predictive analytics
- Providing specialist support to our Stewardship and Performance class maintenance contracts
- Advise Asset Information managers and Asset Engineers of gaps in data used for decision making and provide input into specific contract data improvement plans.
- Work with Asset Engineers to identify and incorporate predictive modelling techniques in the development of Forward Works Programmes
- Work with Asset Engineers to learn how road assets deteriorate and how to identify rates of deterioration and relationships with predictors of deterioration
- Produce long term forecasts of asset condition for KPI and financial and condition risk management using predicative modelling tools
- Produce reports on network condition and strategies to ensure assets continue to perform according to the required level of service
- We welcome applicants from graduates with a discipline or specific tertiary qualification in civil engineering or data science major.
- Have an inquiring mind and enjoy looking for patterns in data and how this relates to the physical world and the assets we are responsible for
- Have strong skills in statistics and analytical methodologies
- Have excellent computer skills and data manipulation experience (particularly relational databases and excel)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter able to identify, research and develop initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good ability to liaise between operational and technical teams
- Ability to accept coaching and coach others
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time and work management/prioritisation skills
Role modelling the Downer values of Excellence, Collaboration, Courage, and Integrity In return we offer full training and support, a collaborative working environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career!How to bring your Difference to Downer
If you're interested in the work that we are doing to make New Zealand better and want to take your career to the future with us then, we want to hear from you. Hit the Apply Now
button to fill out an application form and upload your CV. If you would like to learn more about us, the work that we are doing, and the difference we are making to the communities we work in then head to our website https://www.downergroup.co.nz/ Advertised:
14 Oct 2021 New Zealand Daylight Time Applications close:
14 Nov 2021 New Zealand Daylight Time