angle-right Job no:
584943 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Health Safety & Environment, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
We are looking for a high performing HSE Coordinator based in Porirua to support our Regional HSE Manager and HSE Advisors.
The Downer Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand's infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
Bring your energy to this role, where we will invest in your ongoing training and career development.About the role:
You will be supporting the safety, quality and environmental culture in Downer New Zealand. Your daily tasks will include:
- Incident and injury documentation management, database tracking and analysis
- Supporting HSE Advisors in the Region and on projects as required
- Monthly reporting, providing dashboard information to HSE Managers, Operational Managers and the GM HSE
- Injury Management documentation, following up on weekly monitoring and medical certificates
- Site HSE Verification audits managing data integrity, corrective action management, statistical analysis, application of champion support to the region.
- Contributing to Five Whys and ICAM investigations
Your highly organised, confident and friendly approach alongside your excellent attention to detail would be key to your success in this role. You will have a can-do, solutions focused attitude and a continuous improvement mind-set. You'll couple this with:
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety Administration
- Experience working in a Construction of Infrastructure Environment
- Understanding of the Privacy Law and confidentiality
- A Full Class 1 License
- Experience providing high quality administration support in a similar role
- Strong technical abilities in Microsoft Office Suite, along side excellent written and verbal communication
- NZQA Level 3 Workplace Health and Safety Practice (or working towards this)
Knowledge of the ACC Accredited Employer Programme and AS/NZD Standards would be highly advantageous. What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.