Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com . To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page .
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
Rainy River Mine
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in. Schedule:
Shift 7/7 – 12-hour days OR 5/2 and 4/3 – 9-hour days Position Reports To:
Mine Training Supervisor Position Overview
Reporting to the Mine Training Supervisor , the role of a Mine Trainer is to ensure that employees receive the knowledge and practical training to be a safe and productive Surface Miner. The Primary responsibility will be to ensure the Mining Bench Strength requirements are fulfilled on all four Crews. . Training must be completed in accordance with Common Core Standards while ensuring operators have the skill level to accommodate the Mine Sites need. The Mine Trainer must also develop/co-develop, monitor, communicate and ensure an understanding of departmental SOP’s. In this role you will foster healthy relationships and maintain communications with all stakeholders of the operation to help ensure training needs identified are addressed in a timely manner. Key Responsibilities
- The Mine Trainer provides training for Surface Mining employees in accordance with Ontario Common Core Requirements, ensuring that employees are trained to perform their duties using best practices, and ensuring they can adhere to Mining process requirements, quality, and efficiency.
- Ensure that training records are maintained and accurate.
- Perform training needs analysis by assessing the skill level, performance, and competence of each learner.
- Support Mining activities and assist in attaining department metrics.
- Provide input on cross-training strategies.
- Mentor experienced employees who are providing additional coaching.
- Assist in development, implementation, and continued application of Computer Based Training (CBT) program and evaluation of learnings.
- Monitor employees and ensure follow-up training is in accordance with the Progression Plan.
- Work with the Safety team and other departments to establish training procedures to be used throughout the mine site.
- Demonstrate in-depth process and system knowledge of our operating equipment.
- Operate all mine equipment in support of mining operations on an as needed basis.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of Continuous and Process Improvement ideas
Why New Gold?
- Must have related Common Core Production Drill certification.
- Proficient computer skills (LMS, Smart Sheet, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both internal and external contacts
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of learning. TTT Certified.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job duties.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to handle a high level of confidentiality.
- Pleasant and courteous in interpersonal interactions
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation package provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request. Additional Information
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or follow us on LinkedIn .