Who We Are Why Vale?
Be a part of the largest mining company in the Americas and one of the largest in the world with operations in more than 30 countries. At Vale, we strive to be the number one global natural resources company in creating long term value, through excellence and passion for people and the planet.
Vale is also the world’s largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to produce profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is "life matters most". We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and promotes diversity in our work force.
The Port Colborne Refinery produces a platinum-group metals concentrate and cobalt metal. The operation also serves as a nickel packaging and distribution center. Commissioned in 1918, the refinery remains a major employer in this city of 20,000 in the Niagara Peninsula on the shore of Lake Erie in Ontario.Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.Vale is seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry. Female and female-identifying applicants are encouraged to apply.The Opportunity
Do you value safety and risk management and make it a priority just as we do? Are you motivated to work collaboratively in a team environment?
We are currently seeking an Industrial Mechanic
for our operations, construction and industrial maintenance work at the Port Colborne Refinery.
If you are interested in working at our refinery in the Port Colborne area, read on!Education & Experience: Education:
The ideal candidate will possess any of these certificates:
- At minimum, a Grade 12 secondary school diploma
- Valid Steamfitter 307A trade certificate for the province of Ontario
- Or Valid Industrial Mechanic/Millwright 433A trade certificate for the province of Ontario
- Red Seal designation
The ideal candidate will possess:
Knowledge & Skills:
- At minimum, 3 years of industrial experience
- Experience in fabricating, installing and maintaining pressure piping, fiberglass, solvent welded, and natural gas systems including piping systems
- Experience installing and maintaining boilers and compressors.
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing hydraulic equipment, mechanical drives, conveyor systems, overhead cranes, pumps and equipment alignment
- Oxy acetylene cutting and burning, and mechanical blueprint reading would also be an asset
- Be obsessed with safety, health and environment
- Accuracy and thoughtfulness
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Demonstrate initiative
Although previous experience in mining or an industrial setting is considered an asset, we also appreciate that diversity of thought comes from our differences – and that’s what makes us great.Requirements & Accountabilities
- Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs and Legislative Standards
- Operate and maintain plant equipment safely and efficiently
- Follow Company health, safety and environment policies and procedures and any applicable legislation and regulations
- Respond to emergency situations as required
- Report deviations from established procedures and provide required documentation of work performed
- Apply by visiting valejobs.ca or by clicking Apply below.
- Please attach a copy of your trade certificate (if applicable).
- We appreciate your interest in being a part of the team though only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
We appreciate your interest in being a part of the team though only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.Date closing:
October 31, 2021