is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Engage primarily with the frontline workforce to raise awareness of health and safety policies, risks and controls. Facilitate processes in the Health & Safety Management System, including incident investigations and hazard assessments to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Directs employee engagement activities such as risk assessments & raising general safety awareness to employees, managers & other stakeholders.
- Conducts safety audits & inspects facilities within area of responsibility to ensure a safe working environment & compliance with regulatory laws.
- Manages functions or projects & may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Trains staff from multiple divisions in safety procedures, including specialized safety training (e.g., confined space, LOTOTO) & Annual Refresher Training as required.
- Inspects & evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem areas & may direct remedial action.
- Participates on cross-function teams to manage low-level incident investigation & root cause analysis.
- Accompanies MSHA/OSHA/State Mine Inspectors & document regulated field activities.
- Conducts health & safety orientations, visit work sites & distribute literature to implement & promote safety &/or environmental policies & procedures.
- May administer workers' compensation program for the company, including interacting with workers' compensation insurers, monitoring claims, developing & administering loss prevention & rehabilitation management/monitoring programs, maintain files, & provide necessary support in defense of claims.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements
- High School diploma or GED &
four (4) years of Health & Safety or related experience, OR
- Associate degree &
two (2) years of Health & Safety or related experience, OR
- Bachelor degree in a related fieldPreferred Qualifications
- Friendly and energetic
- Root Cause Analysis
- Incident Investigation
- Hazard identification
- Microsoft Products
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Safety, Law, Compliance, Workers Compensation, Loss Prevention, Service, Legal, Human Resources, Security