is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled employees in the mechanical maintenance craft who applies a broad level of process and mechanical/maintenance knowledge to maximize and, where possible, improve the efficiency of the overall production process. Among these workers are machinists, heavy machinery mechanics, skilled automotive technicians, certified welders, pump rebuild mechanics and specialized maintenance mechanic personnel. These employees may mentor or train other mechanical workers. Employee will work autonomously under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities
- Complete Work Orders, order parts, and other maintenance documentation
- Ability to repair, install, fabricate, rebuild, troubleshoot and preventative maintenance of process equipment i.e. pumps, conveyors, dryers, gearboxes, filters, etc.
- Capable of performing equipment lubrication
- Competent in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, bearings, basic metallurgy (stress cracking, metal compatibility), conveyor systems, plumbing, alignment, machine shop, blue prints, schematics, and mobile equipment
- Qualified to operate small and large cranes and knowledgeable of safe rigging practices
- Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, Environmental rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities, uses plant and equipment correctly at all times
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business need
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Two (2) years of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Proficiency in welding/cutting (MIG, TIG, ARC, Oxy-acetylene)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, plumbing, machine shop, blue prints, schematics, fabrication, and part lists and repair
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the work day
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Mechanic, Electrical, Engineering, Science, Operations