is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Review, investigate and develop appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Manage projects and serve as subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex site planning/construction, expansion or modifications.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations.
- Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas.
- Develop and evaluate AFE's (Authorization for Expenditure) for capital funding requests.
- May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment .
- May represent the site on Company sponsored steering committees, task forces, or teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and five (5) years related experience in engineering or related field, OR
- Master's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline and three (3) years related experience in engineering or related field.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environmetn through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Prescott Job Segment:
Construction, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering