Develop, manage and oversee practices for Tram maintenance and operation. Maintenance responsibilities include tram mechanical systems, rigging and Tram's track and haul rope change out, troubleshooting in cooperation with Electric Team. Participate in maintenance programs for Tram maintenance to assist maintenance team, understand new equipment such as upgraded electrical and control systems. The Technical Expert Tram Mechanical Maintenance will report to and assist the Tram Mechanical Superintendent. The incumbent will also work along side the Tram General Foreman, Foreman and non-staff mechanics by passing on knowledge on technical and maintenance strategies for Tram maintenance and operation. Additional Responsibilities:
1. Develop strategies for Tram maintenance and operations. The Tram system is an aging system and requires a high level of expertise for it to be kept operational. Both Trams are required to be operational until 2041. Tram #1 was commissioned in 1971 and Tram #2 in 1989.
2. Work in the field to assist Mechanics in daily maintenance and overhaul of the Tram.
3. Work with riggers in Tram's rope change out.
4. Work with rope inspectors in Tram's rope NDT and inspections.
5. Actively involved in Tram troubleshooting with Electricians.
6. Oversee upgrade and engineering activities for Trams.
7. Make sure engineering and non-destructive testing is performed properly to ensure tram is in safe working order.
8. Develop, manage and control any upgrades to Tram system so Tram is up to date with latest technologies and safety features.
9. Using accepted practices, ensure adequate inventories are procured and stocked. Working with materials, develop adequate storage practices.
10. Assist in developing and implementing training programs to develop and enhance the work force on new equipment.
11. Manage expenditures, budgets, forecasts and planned work for Tram.
12. Assist in reviewing maintenance practices required for equipment and develop JSA and SOPs that ensure proper maintenance practices are installed.
13. Provide guidance and managerial support for senior staff to develop them and teach them how to maintain the new equipment.
14. Institute sound inspection procedures and PDM practices to ensure a safe well-maintained system.
15. Ensure data logs are kept that comply with applicable regulatory agencies.Qualifications
- Trade Certificate or equivalent engineering experience with Trams or cable cars
- Formal mechanical training inclusive of OEM
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Tramways maintenance
- Completion of Tram OEM training programs
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a position of authority working with Tramways
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce
- High level communication and presentation skills
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits : Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical, Law, Inspector, Engineering, Legal, Quality