Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
Newmont is seeking an RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) Lubrication Technician for the Fixed Asset Process Maintenance team. Person shall be responsible for the safe lubrication, maintenance, data collection and repairs at the Crushing, and Adsorption Desorption Recovery Plants. This role is accountable for performing lubrication, lubrication changes, predictive maintenance tasks, asset monitoring and data collection ensuring that all work is delivered safely on time and within budget along with managing equipment and material required to do the work safely and productively. This role will have no direct reports but will work directly and indirectly with multiple crafts, planners, and operational teams.
What you will do
• Felt Visible Leadership to all Process Employee.
• Contribute to site safety management/programs/improvements.
• Assist in Environmental State and Compliance Inspection
• Ensure that work execution standards are reliable, repeatable and best practices are replicated across all fixed plants
• Understand maintenance reliability to reduce unplanned down and re-do work
• Ensure that team members follow methods or procedures specified by planning team to achieve the outcome
• Ensure that during execution any other identifiable plant defects are repaired or recorded
• Proactively manage carry over work for input into next maintenance plan
• Keep the Lube Room and work area clean to ensure everything is kept in the proper place and organized
• Ability to explain the principles of lubrication (purpose, types, methods, viscosity, film strength, etc.)
• Ability to identify the location of all oil filled components on different equipment to be filled, correct type of fluid and lubrication to use and location of filters and strainers.
• The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
• Ability to perform manual lubrication, change filters, drain and fill oil, take an oil sampling, change breathers, etc.
• Carry out oil sampling, vibration routines, thickness testing, thermographs, etc.
• Responsible for sending oil samples to the Laboratory for analysis
• Support the maintenance team on lubrication tasks acting as a specialist in this area and applying best lube practices.
• Support and guide the implementation of Hydro-Carbon Management strategies by implementation of standard practices in the field.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
• Mechanical Trade Qualification or associated trade
• Technician with a minimum of five years fixed plant mining experience
• Demonstrated experience in Lubrication and condition monitoring techniques: Vibration routes, Oil sampling and Non Destructive Techniques
• Demonstrated experience in the lubrication and servicing of mechanical and electrical equipment
• Good computer skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work directly with others
• The candidate for this position must have a positive attitude and desire to implement the best maintenance and reliability practices.
The role will be based in our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine Site.
The salary range offered for this overtime-eligible role is $ 49,680.00 - 65,205.00 . The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate's salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company's performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Nearest Major Market: Denver