Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
The Mining Applications Specialist provides dedicated support for applications and database systems used at operations and in regional operations support hub. The role will support mine site personnel with the functionality and capability of OT software applications related to exploration, mining and/or processing technology.
In this role you will
- The key purpose of this position is to provide production applications support for exploration, mining and processing technology and systems
- The individual will plan, coordinate production support, maintenance, updates and patching of systems defined in the scope of this role
- The individual will work closely with site technology team members collaborating and leading efforts to solve technical problems in the field
- Provide a disciplined approach to change management ensuring testing procedures have been carried out prior to production rollout of change
- Review existing systems and identify areas for improvement in the areas of scalability, maintainability, and performance
- Establish and maintain technology vendor and partner relationships
- Investigate, review and recommend change to applications where appropriate and collaborate with stake holders to rollout approved enhancements
- Collaborate with colleagues in Operations Technology to ensure changes and recommendations made are in alignment with solution road maps
- Collaborate and participate with industrial and academic leaders both inside and outside the mining industry to discover, implement and utilize value added, methods and/or technologies
- Responsible for the maintenance of system monitoring tools and responding to issues identified
- Maintain the integrity of data interfaces (API's) and logic to optimize dataflow
- Migrating applications or databases across different platforms and cloud or on-premise systems where required
- Works closely with the Data & Analytics team to provide reporting solutions for the site operations teams
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, & experience checklist
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Information Technology field , Computer Science, or other related field
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiating, organization development, change management, technology trends, strategic planning, action planning and management required for successful performance.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Mining Operations and Processing applications support
- Has an understanding of project management: budget reporting, control, and forecasting.
- Has an overall understanding of the objectives and functions of the Company, business units and departments serviced by IT.
- Experience in writing code, development of interface logic (API's) and advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Five+ years in the Information technology support field
- Must have exposure to general business functions and business process redesign for operating efficiency gains and cost reduction.
- Experience working with vendors, dealers, consultants and other contracted services.
- Directs the resolution of business problems applying analytical thought and judgment
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, previous leadership, management and supervisory experience, and the ability to achieve results through others.
- Self-driven individual focused on service with strong skills for issue resolution
- Adept at managing teams of employees and vendors in a matrix environment and from multiple cultures.
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions, and take action.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation.
- Influences business through improved understanding of technology issues, balances competing priorities within business groups and across IT functional groups.
Working conditions & location
- This is a regional position located at the Denver headquarters..
- Position requires a moderate degree of site travel based on business demands.
The salary range offered for this role is $ 75,700 to 99,330 . The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate's salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company's performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.Nearest Major Market: