Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Newmont is seeking an Assay Lab Technicianwith experience in manufacturing and production. If you have a desire for a challenging career with growth opportunities come join Newmont's Assay Lab team. No experience required. We will train you!
- Follow established laboratory and communication procedures.
- Perform sample preparation and data handling.
- Understand the laboratory work environment and hazard awareness.
- Perform general housekeeping and stocking duties.
- Demonstrate safety leadership and safety consciousness.
- Provide effective customer service.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation through honest and open communication.
- Comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures, and the company's environmental policies.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- Ability to stand for 10-12 hours per day.
- Basic computer knowledge with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products and any further job required programs.
- Basic Mathematical skills.
- Will hire entry level.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating schedule.
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com .Nearest Major Market: