Job Location: Merian
Job Grade: 105
This position has the responsibility of assisting the Electrical Superintendent in the efficient and effective management of the maintenance department and assisting the Electrical Superintendent and Processing Manager for preparing yearly Opex and Capex budgets.
The Senior Process Control Engineer will be responsible for all Process Control & Instrumentation maintenance aspects of the Merian Process Department's areas of responsibility
The Senior Process Control Engineer is required to manage and coordinate a team of process control specialist and instrumentation supervisors/technicians which perform repairs, maintenance and troubleshoot problems and ensure availability of all process control and instrumentation equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation of the Process Plant and support services
This position also provides technical guidance and oversight of process control systems (PCS) & instrumentation, establishes budgets, reviews costs and ensures that all technical, legal and regulatory requirements related to the processing plant are met.
The role of the Senior Process Control Engineer is focused on the professional development of National control engineers and instrumentation technicians through formal training, on-the-job mentoring, support & coaching
Lead a team of process control specialist and instrumentation technicians.
Provide mentoring & technical support to the PCS & instrumentation team to ensure skills and knowledge development
Management and maintenance of the process control systems, SCADA and instrumentation control systems
Manage network infrastructure and communication systems
Programming of PLC's for advanced process control systems
Installation, maintenance, backup and technical support for process control software applications
Troubleshoot and resolve control system equipment issues and network communication errors
Support the implementation of Change Management procedures and ensure protocols are consistently applied.
Administer the bypass and jumper management system
Training & Experience Knowledge:
- Degree (preferred) or Technical Certification in Process Control, Automation or Mineral Processing
- Competency in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCS) & SCADA Systems
- Minimum of 10 years in mining, utilities or other heavy industry
- Experience with Schneider PLC's and Citect SCADA programming
- Experience in network infrastructure standards and communication protocals
- Knowledge and skills in developing advanced process control systems
- Experience in instrumentation calibration & maintenance
- Must be capable of and willing to work for extended periods outdoors in a tropical climate.
- Wear all personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, long sleeved shirts, or any other equipment to perform duties safely as required by the Health and Safety plan.
- Capable and willing to work up to 6 x 12-hour days for 6 weeks in a remote mine-site camp location followed by 3 weeks off on a rotational basis (6 weeks /3 weeks Roster)
- Capable and willing to work overtime and varied schedules to when required ensuring reliable operation of Process Plants.
- Capable to meet the physical demands of the job including stairs, lifting, pulling, entry into confined spaces and working at heights.
- Willing to attend training and participated in skills development programs to improve knowledge and understanding of safety management & trade practices
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org .