Requisition ID: 47761Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Title:ElectricalEngineer in Training– Saskatoon
Hatch is seeking an Electrical Engineeringnew grad with interest inElectrical Engineeringin our Project Delivery Group. Reporting to the Electrical, Controls & Automation discipline lead Engineer, you will support projects globally working from our Saskatoon office with opportunities in other Hatch offices and at project job sites.
What Will a Career at Hatch OfferYou:
- Work independently and as part of a team to complete electrical engineering design deliverables for a variety of projects.
- Prepare electrical deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Electrical design criteria
- Procurement packages for electrical equipment (specifications, technical bid evaluation, vendor data review)
- Engineering Lists (Equipment lists, Cable Schedules, material take-offs)
- Design Deliverables (Single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, Layout drawings, Installation drawings, cable tray layouts, panel layouts)
- Protection and control requirements
- Develop factory acceptance test procedures
- Become knowledgeable about electrical equipment design and their practical applications, regional codes and standards, various engineering design tools and applications, and Hatch’s quality procedures
- Work collaboratively in a multi-discipline environment to deliver the best solution for our clients
- Assist our senior engineers and designers with their responsibilities including but not limited to checking engineering deliverables, attending design reviews, quality reviews and participating in site inspections and walkdowns.
- Willing and able to travel to project sites (office and construction) including remote site locations.
Education and Experience:
- Must be working towards graduating in 2022, or recently graduated,withaBachelorsof Applied Science,Masters of Applied Science, orMasters ofEngineeringfrom an accredited universityinElectricalEngineering
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Interest in Control Systemsengineeringand communication systems will be considered an asset
- Previous coop or work termsin the controls, automation and electricalengineering design and executionwill be considered anasset
- Technicalexperiencewithcontrols systems design,databases,programming, ability to use data-centric design tools and proficiency with Microsoft Office tools(SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)will be preferred.
Competencies(knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they applytoengineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellentorganizationalskillsandattention to detail
- Strong written and verbalcommunicationskills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adaptsand embraces change.
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students. Note: Applicants must submit a transcript (official or unofficial) upon application.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Training, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Developer, Operations, Engineering, Technology