Requisition ID: 47182Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch serv es the world’s metals industry with studies, design, engineering, development of innovative technologies, and project and construction management through to commissioning and operations for both greenfield and brownfield facilities.
As the metals industry faces new challenges and opportunities, our focus is on innovation. Join us in helping our clients
develop new innovative and sustainable plants and to create measurable improvements to their operations throughout the entire mining lifecycle value chain.
TheHatchMetals sector is seekinganHydrometallurgyEITwith interest inProcessEngineering. Reportingto theGlobal Director,Hydrometallurgyyou will support projectslocally andglobally based outof our VancouverOfficelocation. What Will a Career at Hatch OfferYou:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projectsaround the worldin meaningful ways
- Work on problems andgain experiencein the officeand on project sites
- Collaborate withdiverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learningon a daily basis
- Gain relevant experience and support inobtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and moreto develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation.We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Ourultimate goalis to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities. Responsibilities:
- Assist in studies for various commodit ies including lithium ion battery chemical related projects
- Preparation of design calculations and documentation and development of mass balance models in simulation software (METSIM,SysCAD, IDEASetc).
- Evaluate Process Alternatives and Equipment/Technology Selection
- Evaluate Materials of Construction
- Providing process design requirements to designers and overviewing their plant layout developments.
- Preparing process equipment data sheets, including technical details and duties as required.
- Ensuring process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent.
- Write Process Description and Control Philosophy
- Working with the project team to prepare capital and operating cost estimates.
- Providing technical input/direction and assigning work to designers, technicians and others, as required for various projects.
Education and Experience:
- Liaise with clients, contractor representatives and/or project field personnel as necessary to assist with meeting key project deliverables.
- Must be working towards graduating , or recently graduated,with aChemicalEngineering, Metallurgical Engineering or Extractive Metallurgydegreefrom an accredited University.
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricularand/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Previous coop or summer work terms withinmetallurgical or chemical process plants or engineeringis an asset
Competencies(knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Academic or work experience withprocess modelling, process equipment and developing process engineering deliverablesis an asset
- Willingnessand abilityto travel to project sites including remote sites
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they applytoengineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students. To be considered you must submit a Resume, Transcript (official or unofficial) and a cover letter.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellentorganizationalskillsandattention to detail
- Strong written and verbalcommunicationskills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adaptsand embraces change
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Hydro, Construction, Metallurgy, Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing