Requisition ID: 42076Job Category:
Project Engineering; Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Role Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Shenyang, China 1. Summar y
The Engineering Manager is responsible for engineering and design matters on the project and assists the Project Manager. An Engineering Manager will fill three main roles during the execution of a project. These are:
- Technical Leader
The Engineering Manager on a project is responsible for scope definition and manages the planning, resourcing and scheduling of all engineering related activities. In addition, the Engineering Manager provides technical leadership, integrates the disciplines and resolves issues.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for engineering s y stems and the deliver y of all technical deliverables to achieve the project objectives within the specified timefr a me and budget. The Engineering Manager provides ultimate direction on engineering related matters. 2. Ke y Responsibili t ies
The Engineering Manager has the following ke y responsibilities:
3. Quali f ica t ions an d Experienc e
- Manage the Engineering team on a day-to-day basis to ensure quality delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) together with the project leadership team (including procurement, project controls, construction, and commissioning), and allocate roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure the scope of work is developed and an effective change management system is in place.
- Develop the engineering budget to meet the scope and execution plan for the project.
- Develop an achievable engineering schedule to meet project requirements using the EWPs.
- Work with the Practice Leads to ensure adequate resources are mobilized to the project.
- Provide input into the project monthly report with respect to design progress, cost and issues of concern and recommend changes if required to achieve overall objectives.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Construction and Commissioning personnel early in the design effort to obtain their input and conduct any necessary reviews.
- Make contact with client management at key points throughout project to ensure that engineering deliverables are meeting client requirements.
- Regularly review and appraise the structure of the engineering project team in terms of its ability to meet short- and long-term objectives, and institute appropriate changes.
- Ensure that Hatch iPas Engineering Systems and 3D intelligent design environment is properly setup and being used.
- Ensure that training is planned, budgeted and implemented for resources assigned to the project.
- Direct and review the engineering activities to ensure that work quality is satisfactory and appropriate technical personnel development programs are conducted.
- Involve specialist expertise from within Hatch or externally as necessary.
- Raise safety awareness and ensure the design for safety principles are applied to the project.
- Ensure engineering risk assessments and HAZOPs are carried out and all identified issues are addressed.
- Arrange and facilitate design reviews and participate as required in engineering, management and construction reviews.
- BSc/BEng degree in an engineering discipline.
- Typically 12 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary environment on major projects.
- Typically 3 years’ experience in managing design engineering teams working on major projects.
- An extensive technical knowledge of engineering systems, design, applications of engineering processes and materials, and engineering applications of current
- General knowledge of industry, regulatory standards and design criteria in engineering disciplines.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and organise at an advanced level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project planning, controls and understanding of multi-discipline interdependencies.
- Knowledge of drawing production and document control methodologies.
- Knowledge of progress assessment and measurement and engineering control strategies.
- Ability to adapt to constant change and accommodate high pressure situations to support the team in meeting project objectives.
- An extensive knowledge of administrative practices and strong communication skills across all levels including client representatives.
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders involved in the project (including internal and external clients).
- A high degree of understanding of procurement and contracting, construction and commissioning methodologies as related to the discipline.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others, transfer expertise and provide a coaching role to others in terms of best practice.
- Ability to handle complex problem-solving tasks, applying appropriate analysis and consideration of high level technical detail.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Engineer, Construction, Manager, Procurement, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Management, Operations