The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for a Heavy Equipment Trainer
with large earthworks construction projects experience.Location:
Site role - Ontario (Timmins region)We offer:
2 week on / 2 week off rotations
12 hour days
Competitive hourly rate with overtime pay ,
Extensive benefits including company matching RRSP,
Employee incentive program,
flights and accommodations are provided.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide training to site employees in the proper use of various types of heavy-duty equipment at the work site (Dozers, Excavators, Loaders, Haul trucks, etc.)
- Deliver training to site employees.
- Assess qualifications and on-the-job training of all new employees prior to operating heavy equipment and sign off on skills.
- Liaise with inspectors, Safety Officers, and Nuna's Site Superintendent, site- based Safety - Officers, and Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
- Review operations at the work site to confirm compliance with applicable related legislation, and regulations.
- Review operations at work site to confirm compliance with applicable legislation, regulations, and site-specific procedures.
- Ensure Nuna employees are adequately trained for their assigned work and training records are up to date.
- Minimum 5 years experience as Heavy Equipment Operator
- 2 years experience as an OFF-ROAD Heavy Equipment Trainer (preferred)
- Computer skills - working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email
- Experience in living and/or working in Northern Canada will be considered an asset.
- Willing and capable of working at a remote site.
- Experience as a trainer or experience operating all kinds of equipment is a must.
Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Have experience as requested in the job description above.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Interested applicants are asked to apply online at:
http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html Or by email:
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks, and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nunais a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment
; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective, and innovative operator in the north.