With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The Specialist Training - Mining provides the training and assessment TCI mining operations personnel in all aspects of mining operations while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent HR and based on GBU Coal Mine Project on a 6/3 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
In this role, you will:
- To train and assess TCI mining operations personnel in all aspects of mining operations in order to achieve maximum productivity with a high focus on safety. This will include delivery of mining operations operator, mining L/H, mining trainer and supervisor training and assessment;
- Provide Heavy equipment training such as: Excavator, Bulldozer, Truck, Grader, compactor and other support equipment in construction business for Thiess personnel in order to increase the productivity, maintenance and improve personnel's capability. Including delivering effective theoretical & Practical training in accordance with Thiess standard;
- Assist in the design of training material which is relevant to used competency standards;
- Conduct assessment activities in accordance with TCI TMS and relevant Australian competency standards
- Develop the skills proficiency of workplace trainers and assessors
- Actively involved in maintain and monitor of training equipment used for training activities and provide report to superiors when noncompliance found;
- Provide accurate report and feedback of training activities to site supervision and TCI Training & Development supervisors in order to keep the alignment systems between Training & Development and sites and assist in database improvement.
- Minimum graduated from Senior High School/ vocational school or similar with minimum of 10 years' experience within the mining and/or construction industry as a HE Operator; 3-5 years' experience as a mining operations trainer and or supervisor; familiar with Heavy earth moving equipment operator codes including truck and/or excavator/dozer/grader/wheel loader; Highway truck codes; Certificate IV in Workplace Training; POP Certification;
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal); facilitation skills; presentation skills; have self-confident, familiar with work in under pressure and computer literacy;
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.