angle-right Refer a Friend angle-right
Quality Assurance / Risk Managers Apply Now angle-right
Downer Professional Services are currently seeking Quality Assurance/Risk Managers with a range of experience to support our engagements within the Commonwealth Government. These roles are centered in Canberra or may be elsewhere in Australia where projects are based, or hybrid work is possible.
Quality Assurance/Risk Managers are responsible for the development of strategies and processes to ensure that product quality, risk management and client satisfaction are maintained, and that the performance of processes, products and services work meets technical standards, contract requirements and schedule.
You will work with Project Managers, Interface Leads and other key personnel to lead and facilitate the development of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with management systems, documentation formats, structures, and methodology.
What does a QA/Risk Manager do?
• Assist the Project Manager to develop strategies and processes to ensure that quality focus and risk management is promoted throughout the contract.
• Assist with the development of processes and procedures to ensure that there is Performance in all contract areas.
• Facilitate development, implementation and ongoing review of risk analysis and management plan, procedures, forms, and associated instructions.
• Maintain a program of review and analysis of product and process compliance and associated corrective and preventative actions.
• Assist the Project Manager in a program of system /process audits directed at verifying system conformance and effectiveness, and when required facilitate implementation of system improvements.
• Provide set-up and mobilisation input to ensure quality and risk requirements for both Team Downer and RAN requirements are met.
• Manage/carry out all Quality inductions for all employees to ensure awareness of Team Downer risk management system and quality processes.
• Provide any necessary training and advice to Managers and staff to ensure that they pursue the objectives of total quality management and Performance.
• Provide advice and guidance to the contract, its management, and staff on any regulatory aspects of quality and risk management.
What you bring:
• Tertiary qualifications in related discipline or similar studies in quality management, risk management and/or business improvement techniques preferred.
• Substantial practical experience in Quality Assurance and/or Risk Management.
• Sound communication skills with exposure to writing reports, submissions, and briefing documents.
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on developing strong working relationships.
• Team member attitude, able to lead teams across complex projects.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance, and ideally already hold a clearance at the NV1 level. For this reason, applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
About Downer Professional Services
Downer Professional Services is part of the Downer Defence business and are committed to providing fully integrated professional services and managed solutions primarily to the Australian Government. We are a major contributor to the modernisation of land, maritime, air and joint communications and information systems across the Australian Defence Force and other government agencies. The combined footprint of Downer Professional Services and Spotless, makes Downer Defence one of the only sovereign, integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Lifecycle offering mindset. We are part of Downer Group, the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
Our commitment to providing equal employment opportunities
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.