About the Role:
WorkPac are seeking an experienced Senior HR Consultant for an full time, permanent opportunity commencing immediately based within Pymble with flexible hybrid WFH/ Office arrangements. Our client is a privately owned Transport and Logistics company, providing services across NSW including Western Sydney, Central Coast and the Mid-North Coast, and in South Australia.
Tertiary qualified, you will have a sound HR consultant background, be adept at developing effective relationships, be an excellent communicator, a strong problem solver and demonstrate a strong commercial awareness.
Duties will Include:
- Partner with defined leaders to provide innovative, sustainable and practicable HR solutions
- Develop and deliver education and information sessions to leaders on a range of human resource issues
- Provide subject matter expertise in relevant legislation, enterprise agreements, modern awards, policies and directives
- Prepare written submissions, executive briefs and associated correspondence on significant human resource issues and represent the department at meetings, conferences and tribunals
- Manage complex and sensitive matters including case management
- Utilise expert HR knowledge to provide advice on to a broad range of human resources issues.
Other primary responsibilities will include;
- Participation in project activities, including improving employee engagement, succession plan development, review and implementation of standards and processes, policy review, change management and corporate projects.
- The provision of advice and direction to your customers in ethical and legislative compliance.
- Service provision including performance management support, compensation advice, supporting our HR systems for attendance and Workday user support as well as developing recommendations on policy and process improvements to maintain best practice.
Critical Achievement Areas;
- Maintain to an expert level, knowledge of current and proposed legislation and changes.
- Advise, coach, and assist senior management on employee relations matters.
- Develop and provide employee relations training to all levels of the organisation. The emphasis in this area to be placed on improving relations and developing proactive approaches to these matters.
Duties will include however will not be limited to;
- Management of all HR related activities - recruitment, training and development, onboarding, performance management, employment conditions, disciplinary matters and termination processes
- Work collaborative with senior managers to under business requirements and deliver HR strategies that will meet long term operational objectives
- Interpret industrial instruments
- Advise the business on employment compliance and regulatory matters
- Prepare all employment-related documentation
- Update and maintain Organisation Chart
- Provide support in relation to workers compensation matters and assist with return-to-work co-ordination as required any other duties as may be required from time to time
- Tertiary Education within Human Resources with more than 3+ years Human Resources Experience
- Treats others with respect and dignity and holds others to account
- Operates with honesty, ethics and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to Influence, coach and mentor both internal (employees) and stakeholders of the business
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a HR team
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact: WorkPac Principal Consultant: Julia Ryzner on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the below reference number.
Reference Number: 7476J202121
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our myrewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.