Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Mid-Range Mine Planning Engineer for our Phoenix Surface Mining Operation located in Nevada. The successful candidate is responsible for: Responsibilities:
- Support the development and construction of detailed stages of the mine planning process, maintaining and improving scheduling models as their components.
- Deliver upon various mine planning tasks, phase, and waste rock facility designs, haulage networks, heap leach, tails facility layouts, and schedules.
- Work with the Environmental team to schedule and coordinate the stages of the concurrent reclamation cycle as providing analysis and improvements to current strategies.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities. Devise new approaches to problems encountered. Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and resolution of issues.
- Complete economic evaluations summarizing results, providing schedule analysis, cost estimations, developing operating cost estimates from a first-principles basis. Meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but includes various complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering or related field, Required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in the mining industry is Required.
- Technical communication and presentation skills Required.
- Mining or heavy mineral industry experience Required.
- Surface mining experience in both operations and engineering Preferred.
- Cooperate and work effectively with team members and other departments to communicate results while providing solutions towards mitigating risk and advancing opportunities Required.
- Advance understanding and use of Mine Design and Planning Software's, Vulcan and Deswik and their planning modules Preferred.
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.