Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Controller at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Controller maintains and manages the accounting, month-end closing, reporting and business control systems and processes for Myra Falls, including preparing financial reporting, development of site business processes and related integration with its accounting systems, analysis to support operational decision making, supporting operating departments, coordinating financial reporting activities, and supporting and collaborating with accounts payable and payroll processing. The role also oversees the preparation of cash position reports and forecasting, monthly budget versus actual reports, internal and external audit coordination, overseeing transactions processing, analysis reporting, reconciliation and closing activities.
More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all accounting and reporting is completed according to IFRS and all processes reflect Good Accounting Practices
- Coordinate preparation of the half-year and year-end statutory financial reports
- Coordinate all reporting to external parties as needed
- Ensure reporting is completed on time
- Ability to understand accounting policies and ensure their compliance
- Ensure all payments are processed in accordance with company standard terms and conditions
- Bank account signatory management
- Managing responses to supplier inquiries
- Liaising with Corporate insurance and risk management staff with regards to material damage and business interruption insurance matters (cover establishment, claims administration, etc.)
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Corporation information
- Know and comply with all the current BC Mining Safety and Health regulations
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to all Corporation policies, procedures and guidelines
- Minimum six (6) years relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in accounting is required
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS is required
- Experience in Mining or Heavy Industry desirable
- Prior experience in managing staff is required
- Working knowledge of SAP is highly desirable
- CPA or CMA is preferred
- Willingness to relocate to the Campbell River/Courtenay area
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination that includes a drug & alcohol screen
- This position is a Monday to Friday 8 hours a day
Myra Falls Mine is an underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, the trip to the mine has some of the world’s most impressive views. This is an onsite position and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area and the mine site is required. Bus transportation is provided. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.