Senior Mine Engineer
Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Senior Mine Engineer at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the Senior Mine Engineer plays a key role in leading the development of underground mine designs, plans, and schedules. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop underground layout designs for stoping, access and infrastructure
- Solve diverse technical problems related to underground mining while adhering to the highest design standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and transparency
- Optimize resource extraction considering total costs of mining and development
- Participate in the operational budgeting process and conduct variance analysis if needed
- Assist with studies and evaluations for future underground operations
- Supervise the Weekly Planners and Surveyors
- Supervise, mentor and train EIT’s
- Assist in preparation of technical reports
- Review and provide feedback on current site practices
- Perform other duties as assigned requirements
- A strong commitment to safety principles and culture;
- Undergraduate degree in Mining Engineering or similar field;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in underground mine engineering, with significant longhole stoping experience;
- Professional Engineer designation or ability to obtain within 6 months;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to accuracy, detail, and deadline;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English;
- High capabilities with Microsoft Office and mine planning related software packages, i.e. Deswik (preferred), Vulcan ,Datamine, and AutoCAD;
- Highly adaptable to ever changing and high demand work environment;
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination that includes a drug & alcohol screen.
Myra Falls Mine is an underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. Surrounded by mountains and lake, the trip to the mine has some of the world’s most impressive views. This is an onsite position and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area and the mine site is required. Bus transportation is provided. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.