Role Overview: Reporting to the Director of Projects, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in building employment capacity for the Lynn Lake Gold Project. This project is currently in the Engineering Phase of Development, with construction expected to commence in Q3 of 2022. The Training Coordinator will lead the assessment of project training needs and work with team members and partners to deliver training solutions that enable participation in the project by local and regional community members.
- Work with local communities to identify prospective employees based on project needs and develop training programs to enable maximum local employment
- Develop training and development plans and proposals for submission to Provincial and Federal funding agencies.
- Work collaboratively with local and regional Indigenous Nations to secure funding from Provincial and Federal agencies for delivery of comprehensive training and development programs.
- Maintain site training records including an up to-date list of individual qualifications as well as evaluation of training program performance
- Coordinate with HR and Department Heads to ensure the posting/hiring process is followed
- Assist in the employee onboarding; deliver site orientations and other site-specific training
- Identify and facilitate training opportunities based on site requirements and ongoing training needs
- Assist with development of training aids including presentations and manuals
- Meet with Project team members on a regular basis to identify manpower training needs
- Coordinate external and internal training delivery
- Build on existing training initiatives to ensure local and regional employment readiness
- Collaborate with educational institutions/services and governmental programs and monitor for funding opportunities
- Other duties as required
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma / University Degree in a related field of study
- Experience in a similar role;
- Ability to multitask, to communicate effectively and to speak publicly;
- Ability to work in a cultural context with northern Manitoba Indigenous Nations;
- Ability to understand and to deal with challenges specific to Indigenous learners and mature students in northern communities;
- Knowledge of training programs from initial work preparation through to job-specific training;
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications;
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule based on project needs.