is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, liaise between internal audit and site/corporate teams to ensure effective audit programs. Manage and approve user access to business systems. Manage and participate in process improvement projects and system improvement projects.
- Act as liaison between internal audit and site/corporate teams to coordinate audit planning, findings, and reporting
- Review and Approve access requests for new/changed roles in business systems
- Ensure SOX compliance by all site and corporate teams to supply chain policies as documented by the Global Supply Chain organization including timely performance of SOX controls.
- Lead and participate in projects & initiatives focused on developing & implementing new or enhanced supply chain processes, systems and technologies across the company, leveraging industry best practices for GSC initiatives.
- Work with SOX Champions team to review and recommend changes to GSC SOX controls
- Review and recommend changes to GSC policy
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related discipline and six (6) years combined experience in inventory management, system & project management and analysis projects required, OR
- Master's degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related discipline and four (4) years combined experience in inventory management, system & project management and analysis projects required
- Graduate degree. Can be combination of business and technical undergrad and graduate degrees.
- Broad knowledge of supply chain (Warehousing, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Contracts, etc.), not just expertise in one area.
- Solid understanding of company policy and ability to relate actual situations to policy applicability
- Experience documenting SOX controls
- Understanding of conflicts of interest
- Experience using company business systems
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityJob Segment:
Audit, Engineer, Supply Chain, Supply, Supply Chain Manager, Finance, Engineering, Operations