WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That's OK. We're focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
An Internship with Lehigh Hanson is a unique experience. Not only will you receive on the job training and mentorship from some of the most talented people in our industry, you will make real contributions during your time with us. Our Interns also have opportunities to interact with senior management, give back to the community, and network with their peers inside and outside of the office.
This is a full-time (40+ hours / week), paid Internship. Come spend the Summer with an industry leader! HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
- Collaborate with operations for the development of drilling programs to define the reserves and resources for large and small mining operations
- Complete and compile maps and technical material for inclusion in professional reports
- Create and evaluate a variety of pit shells to estimate pit volumes
- Assist with reserve and resource calculations for reporting purposes
- Managing drill projects by: creating proposed drill plans and maps, estimating drilling project costs, preparing bid proposals, supervising drilling operations, collection of drill information for preparing drill logs and reporting writing
- Use AutoCAD software to prepare technical drawings for use by Mine Planning
- Participation in the health and safety programs of Lehigh Hanson
This position will be based at our corporate office in Irving, Texas. Our corporate office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America. Amenities include a free fitness center, free covered parking, and on-site cafe and coffee bar. We also offer "Dress for Your Day" which gives our employees the discretion to select appropriate dress depending on the business activities of each workday. HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
- 3rd or 4th year student working towards Geology or Engineering Geology degree
- Experience working in an active open pit mine is considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency MS Office, relevant mining software.
- Experience with AutoCAD is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good observation, critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must have own transportation.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Check out the Internships page on our careers site to learn more about the Lehigh Hanson experience!