Requisition ID:41177Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer - Water & Wastewater
to join the Infrastructure group in our Water team in the Mississauga or Oakville location .
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes water, aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit and tunnels. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
In this role, you will work on a variety of challenging municipal linear (Water/Wastewater) infrastructure projects including feasibility studies, preliminary and detail design, and construction administration of watermains, storm/sanitary sewers, water distribution and wastewater collection systems, Water Intake and Wastewater Outfalls and pumping facilities. As the successful candidate, you will:
You bring to the role:
- Responsible for municipal linear infrastructure (Water/wastewater) design assignments from conception through to completion;
- Responsible for preparing proposals, conducting feasibility studies, preparing preliminary and detailed design including drawings and specifications of municipal infrastructure projects including storm and sanitary sewer, water mains, pump stations and roads, and other related works;
- Experience working in MicroStation, Civil 3D, and MS Project;
- Administrating construction contracts and field work including site inspection of a variety of municipal infrastructure projects;
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines,and staff responsible for design coordination;
- Assist the senior municipal engineer, and project managers on other duties as assigned and leading and mentoring junior staff;
- Managing multiple tasks in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Meet client quality, schedule, and budget expectations;
- Developing and maintaining positive & sustainable client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University;
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the consulting engineering firm, design of linear infrastructure projects (sewers, watermains, forcemains and related infrastructure);
- Professional Engineer designation with PEO;
- Technical skills for the design of large diameter water mains and storm/sanitary sewers;
- Knowledge of utility requirements, approval process and permitting;
- Sound knowledge of MicroStation, Civil 3D, and MS Project;
- Demonstrated analytical (data collection, compilation, and analysis) and reporting skills;
- Familiarity with environmental assessment process is a strong asset; and,
- Strong communication written and verbal skills.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Project Engineer, Architecture, Engineer, Construction, Consulting, Engineering, Technology