About the role
- 9 day fortnight roster 5/2 4/3
- Coastal & Inland locations : Dampier & Tom Price
- World class mining Rail Network Maintenance division
We are searching for 2 x Signaling Trainers
to support the ongoing training and upskilling of our Pilbara Operations Railway Signal Technicians, responsible for maintaining the health of the rail network.
These roles are a great opportunity to join a large scale rail maintenance operation and a highly skilled team in the successful delivery of maintenance and learning activities. Working a 5/2 4/3 days only roster, also known as a 9 day fortnight, these positions are also open to either FIFO from Perth or Residential in the local towns of Karratha & Tom Price.
Reporting to the Superintendent Rail Signaling, you will be responsible for the following:
- Training of new unqualified Electricians to Signal Technicians
- Support current OJT's in upskilling and maintaining current technicians qualifications
- Support current L&D team in development of new training packages
- Entering and maintaining training through Learning Management Framework and to be able to use the L&D portals and system
To be positively considered for this role, you possess the ability to:
Where you will be working
- Work in accordance with Rio Tinto's 'The Way We Work'
- Maintain regular and effective liaison with Signals Superintendent, and other key stakeholders to ensure quality learning and development of new and existing employees
- Cert IV in Railway Signaling
- Cert IV in Training Assessing
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by maintaining strong relationships with peers to ensure effective performance by sharing information and supporting the team in implementation of relevant initiatives
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and legislative provisions
- Share knowledge, coach and mentor others
- Maintain and increase skills and route knowledge in line with business needs
- Sound knowledge of Rail Signaling requirements is essential
Our privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile), each train is operated by a single driver and comprises up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.7 kilometers in length with over 40 trains operating per day. We are also applying and adapting technology to improve safety and productivity across our rail network.What's on offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn