About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Interesting and varied role supporting the General Manager, Process Engineering
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Perth based role, Monday to Friday
We are looking for a Divisional Secretary
to join the Process Engineering team. This role will support the General Manager along with assisting the greater Process Engineering division.
Reporting to the General Manager Process Engineering, your role will entail:
What you'll bring
- Provision of administrative and secretarial services to the division and leadership team
- Effective management of the General Manager's calendar by developing an understanding of the operation of the division and the needs of the client group
- Booking travel and preparing itineraries site visits and international trips. Organising meetings, events & workshops & conferences
- Working effectively with other administrative roles to ensure efficient and effective operation and communications within the division
- Divisional communication and engagement activities and processes such as State of the Nation quarterly updates, collating business presentations and preparation of correspondence, reports and agendas
- Raising purchase orders and processing invoices for payment. Managing credit card expense reports
- Designing and managing divisional events such as Christmas parties, leadership dinners, service award functions
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Experience as a Department Secretary
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to problem solve, prioritise, multi-task and have a flexible working approach
- Advanced MS office skills, MS Outlook, Word and MS PowerPoint
- Certificate in business administration or similar whilst not essential, will be well-regarded
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Flexible working from home arrangements as per operational requirements
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
This role will be based in Western Australia at Rio Tinto's Perth office.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on 3 December 2021
(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)