Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Process Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor at our Turquoise Ridge operation. The Process Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor to supervise hourly instrumentation technicians and process maintenance electricians and assume responsibility for directing and controlling the Process Maintenance Electrical & Instrumentation department activities. This individual will also provide technical support and maintenance for the operating systems used to control, monitor, and report the functions of the processing plants.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for directing and controlling the Instrumentation and Electrical Department activities to ensure efficiency throughout.
- Support system requirements including telemetry.
- Budget for and schedule work. Schedule employee PTO, prioritize and assign tasks.
- Direct the development and execution of on-site training activities for direct reports. Seek out additional training and best practices for Instrumentation. Train support technicians.
- Support I&E department as required to maintain the operations of the plants.
- Support Continuous Improvement with regard to the operating systems and maintain change management documents.
- Oversee instrumentation aspects of new installation design and start-up as well as input of plant repair.
- Assist in the development and administration of the preventive maintenance program. Schedule preventive maintenance, calibrations, optimizations, and work orders.
- Monitor and review costs. Assist with establishment and maintenance of budgets.
- Assist with the development of, and administer, company and departmental policies and procedures. Conduct investigations and administer discipline in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Assist in development and administration of the department and company safety program. Ensure direct reports receive proper Safety training and attend monthly safety meetings. Conduct or assign safety meetings to reports. Perform or assign safety inspections and follow up on issues. Ensure proper Safety procedures are followed prior to, during, and upon completion of tasks. Respond to emergencies that could cause injury or loss to production.
- Comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's environmental compliance policy. Ensure direct reports do same.
- Interview prospective employees and conduct department orientation for new hires and transfers. Review non-exempt and hourly performances using appropriate systems. Identify required upgrades.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and attend department and facility meetings to ensure optimal communications. Continually update department status to supervision and interface with other departments.
- Read, comprehend, interpret and learn Mill Maintenance literature and technical data, company reports, Material Safety Data Sheets, labels on products and warning signs. Instruct direct reports on how to do same.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience or 8 years' experience in process instrumentation in a mining environment preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.