Are you an Environmental professional looking for a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an opportunity for you!
We are growing and are looking for an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer Water at our Carlin operation. The successful candidate will possess extensive knowledge and experience in water management, compliance monitoring systems and permitting and will ensure that all legal and other obligations of the mine are achieved regarding water management programs and permits.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Oversee developed compliance systems for all water related programs and permits, including water pollution control permits, potable water permits, stormwater permits, and dewatering programs.
- Oversee inspections of operations to ensure permit compliance including accompanying regulatory inspectors on periodic inspections of work areas on and off the mine site.
- Oversee and provide guidance for hydrologic investigations and reporting.
- Lead major and/or complex permitting activities associated with the water management needs of the site, including review of application/modification designs and packages.
- Coordinate permitting activities associated with the water management needs of the site, including review of application/modification designs and packages.
- Provide supervision and support of well drilling and design.
- Work with multiple stakeholders with varying levels of management and expertise across Carlin, NGM, and Barrick.
- Coordinate projects with contractors, adhere to budgets and direct contractor work.
- Coordinate with company subject-matter experts on complex compliance or water related issues.
- Review and analyze water level data and water quality samples from monitoring wells.
- Review and analyze water quality parameters and determine geochemical trends.
- Assist operating division personnel in achieving their objectives.
- Assist with training of NGM employees, contractors, and others.
- Lead and develop Environmental Engineers, Specialists, and Technicians, as assigned, by overseeing the maintenance, evaluation, and reporting of collected data to Barrick management and governmental agencies.
- Align work practices with NGM Health, Safety, and Environmental ISO 14001 and 45001 standards. Lead by example and promote the NGM Safety and Environmental programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for periodic, after hours on-call response to environmental incidents, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor's Degree in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Mining Engineering, or related field required
- Master's Degree in Hydrology or Hydrogeology preferred.
- Five (5) years direct experience in environmental compliance with a minimum of three (3) years in an industrial setting, including regulatory agency interactions required
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 required.
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.