Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Environmental Engineer at our Cortez operations. The successful candidate will perform a variety of technical and administrative work to ensure that all legal and other compliance obligations related to reclamation and closure are achieved.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Plan and track concurrent reclamation activities, in coordination with Operations technical personnel.
- Oversee reclamation monitoring program.
- Complete annual reports and three-year updates for Reclamation permits.
- Ensure conformance with the Barrick Mine Closure Standard requirements, including site level closure plans.
- Complete and maintain the internal closure cost models for all areas.
- Complete reporting and presentations on the internal closure cost models.
- Assist with spatial data management (GIS) for the Department.
- Manage contractor work, as applicable.
- Assist operating division personnel in achieving their objectives.
- Assist with training of Barrick employees, contractors, and others.
- Responsible for periodic, after hours on-call response to environmental incidents, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Mine Engineering, Ecology or related field required
- Three (3) years in a mining industry setting preferred.
- In-depth experience with Excel required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 preferred.
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.