Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for career growth with a dynamic mining company? Nevada Gold Mines has the job for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Underground Mobile Maintenance Supervisor at our Leeville operations. As part of the Underground Mobile Maintenance team, the successful candidate will provide supervision of the underground mobile maintenance work force.
At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more! Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision for the underground mobile maintenance work force in the underground maintenance department
- Carry out repairs and maintenance plans in a safe and productive work environment and administering company policies and procedures
- Support Operational objectives by minimizing risks and maximizing value and focus on Safety, quality, and cost management
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we can Offer You
- Five (5) years underground mining experience preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or leadership rolepreferred
- Two (2) years underground mobile maintenance experience required
- Proven safe work record required
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.