Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Experienced Underground Miner to join our team. At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Experienced Underground Miner at our Goldrush operations. As part of the Goldrush team, the successful candidate will be a team player adding to our already, diverse, yet rewarding working environment. The ideal candidate will possess a background in underground mining, and metals. At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more! Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Underground Operations Supervisor, the Experienced Underground Miner is responsible for the following:
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in an underground mining operation
- Must be able to safely perform tasks in the underground environment with minimum supervision
About Nevada Gold Mines
- Five (5) years of mechanized underground mining experiencepreferred
- Proven track record with full-cycle mining to include, but not limited to, drilling, blasting, haulage/backfill and ground support installation preferred
- Proven safe work record with belief and value seen in courageous leadership model required
- Ability to be an integral, team member in a growing, fast-paced environment required
- Good attendance record required
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.