Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Drill & Shovel Mechanic to join our team. Responsibilities:
Reporting to an Open Pit Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanic is responsible for the following.
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will complete routine maintenance activities for the purpose of ensuring the availability and safe functioning of large mining, support equipment fleets; maintain shop areas, tooling and service vehicles to ensure a clean and safe work environment; perform daily pre-shift work inspections and participate in individual and group hazard identification processes; perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
• Two (2) years of experience in mechanical maintenance of heavy equipment preferred
• Working knowledge of electrical and hydraulic schematics preferred
• Willingness to work in inclement weather conditions required
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to provide own tools required
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, team-oriented and work with minimum supervision required
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with our without reasonable accommodations required
• Proven safety record required
• Excellent attendance record required What We Can Offer You
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.