Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Underground Fixed Maintenance Technician to join our Leeville Underground Operations team. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Fixed Maintenance General Supervisor, the Fixed Maintenance Technician, is responsible for the following:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair of both surface and underground mining equipment such as crushers, conveyors, hoists, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
About Nevada Gold Mines
- Basic knowledge of conveyor systems required
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete repair on all pumps required
- Basic fabrication skills including welding and cutting, brazing, arc welding, and air arc required
- Ability to identify parts needed for repairs by make, model, size, and type required
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics and the ability to apply those skills to troubleshoot and repair systems preferred
- Basic knowledge of hoist and shaft maintenance for an underground mine preferred
- Ability to read and use precision measuring tools, torque wrenches, and hand tools preferred
- Excellent safety and attendance record required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.