Williams Operating Corporation, a Barrick Gold operation located near Marathon, Ontario has an opportunity for an: Senior Mineral Resource Geologist
As a member of the Technical Services and Mineral Resource Management team, the successful candidate will report to the Technical Services and Mineral Resource Manager and work a 5:2, 4:3 roster. This role will require an individual who is safety driven and safety conscious, and capable of working with a diverse team of geologists, technical services staff, geological technicians, diamond drillers, and mine operations personnel. Responsibilities:
- Proven commitment to workplace safety
- Complete 3D modelling, geostatistical analysis, and development of various estimation parameters.
- Produce high quality Mineral Resource Estimates to industry best practice standards.
- An emphasis will be placed on 3D computer modeling of geologic features and the controls on gold mineralization.
- Produce or supervise preparation of the geological aspects of technical reports
- work with site mine geology, exploration, and engineering groups to aid in drill planning, data analysis, reconciliation, and other duties as necessary
- exposure to a wide variety of geologic modeling, data analysis, and grade estimation scenarios with opportunities for increased responsibilities and career growth
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or Geological Engineering.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Geoscientist with APGO
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Geology, including 3 years in Geological Modelling, Geostatistics, and Mineral Resource Estimation.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and project management capability.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software, geological database software, mapping software, and planning software. Vulcan / Leapfrog, AcQuire, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Deswik.
- Ability to walk significant grades and lift 50 lbs
- Valid driver's license
- Strong communication, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with engineering and production personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, motivated self-starter with high standards expected of themselves and others
What we can Offer You
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make lasting positive impact on the Operation
- Experience working on a World Class, geologically complex Archean Greenstone gold deposit
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company. About Hemlo
The Hemlo - Williams Operating Corporation, (a base community - not FIFO) consists of an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario. Barrick is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.